feedback to phoneamego and suggestions (iphone4)

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

feedback to phoneamego and suggestions (iphone4)

Postby floh » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:16 am

hi peter

first of all thank you for the nice app. i haven t tried everything but it looks good so far. finally i don t have to reach for the damned phone somewhere unter my stuff on the table - thx again :)

after some configuration problems with the dialing options (i m from germany) i managed to get your app to work. it s good to know someone takes care about such features for mac as apple seems not to do.

here are some suggestions that would boost the value of your app emensive (with all those features and those i forgot i would even pay 50€)

-sms support diectly via cellphones (paranoid ppl like me woun t use google ;) ) - without that stupid confirmation for sending sms on the iphone
-saving and managing sms on my phone via mac
-rightklick "call via phone amego" in the adressbook
-automuting for ituns and other players when there is an incomming call
-better tutorial for dialing options configuration or updating the "germany" settings --> i had to add a "0" in the "long distace" national dialing prefix and check the "dial for numbers outside your city or area
-highlight and "dial via phone amego" fuction for phonenumbers on websites

that s all for now :)

thanks again for your work and good luck and success for your app. i ll rate it in the appstore as soon as i have played around with it some more

best regards

floh
floh

Re: feedback to phoneamego and suggestions (iphone4)

Postby psichel_adm » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi floh,

I wanted to respond to several of your suggestions above.

>-sms support diectly via cellphones (paranoid ppl like me woun t use google ) - without that stupid confirmation for sending sms on the iphone
-saving and managing sms on my phone via mac

iPhone does not support sending or receiving SMS via Bluetooth, so Phone Amego can only send SMS via Google Voice at this time.  There are other SMS services available on the web, but most charge per message and you are already paying for SMS on your iPhone.

There are some ways you might get around this.  One is to run a small app on your iPhone that listens for requests over WiFi and then initiates the SMS locally.  This is the idea behind "MyPhoneDesktop" in the App store.  The other way I'm working on is adding Bluetooth keyboard emulation to Phone Amego so you can type directly on your iPhone using your desktop keyboard.  I'm excited about adding Bluetooth keyboard emulation to Phone Amego, but it's fairly involved so may take a while.

>-rightklick "call via phone amego" in the adressbook

You should be able to do that now by enabling the corresponding system service.
http://www.sustworks.com/pa_guide/dialing.html

>-automuting for ituns and other players when there is an incomming call

You should be able to do that now using the supplied AppleScripts to mute iTunes on "Call Answer" and unmute on "Call End".

>-better tutorial for dialing options configuration or updating the "germany" settings --> i had to add a "0" in the "long distace" national dialing prefix and check the "dial for numbers outside your city or area

Thanks for the feedback, I'll update that in the default location settings.

>-highlight and "dial via phone amego" fuction for phonenumbers on websites.

Again, you should be able to do that now by enabling the corresponding system service. The phone number still has to be selected though (Apple needs to update their data detectors to display the services menu).
http://www.sustworks.com/pa_guide/dialing.html

If the application doesn't support system services, you can use Keyboard Miastro as shown on the page above.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Re: feedback to phoneamego and suggestions (iphone4)

Postby remi » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:23 am

You cannot configure the iPhone to send SMS directly without any user validation (Send button). This is to prevent Apps to use iPhone as spambots....
In my app (to send group texts on iPhone), I would have been interesting in this feature too, but unfortnately this is not possible.
remi

Return to Phone Amego