Stuck at "On and in range"

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Stuck at "On and in range"

Postby Spikester » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:17 pm

Subject line summarises the roadblock I've hit. No problems pairing and connecting to my iPhone, and it tethers quite nicely. When I start Phone Amego it finds the phone and just sits there. The debug log has a never-ending series of:

2011-07-28 11:12:37 [Begin SDP Query (Scott's iPhone 4)]
2011-07-28 11:12:39 [SDP query complete (Scott's iPhone 4)]

I've tried re-pairing, I've tried dumping my Bluetooth plist and starting over (and what a PITA that was, having to re-pair my keyboard and trackpad and all that), and I've fought this through the entire trial period and still haven't gotten it to work once.
Spikester

Re: Stuck at "On and in range"

Postby psichel_adm » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:12 pm

What version of Phone Amego and Mac OS X?

From your description, Phone Amego didn't even try to open your Phone because something went wrong.
Is there an error message in the system.log (view using Apple's Console.app).

Try removing /Library/Preferences/com.sustworks.Phone_Amego.plist and start again.

I think it would be easier if you Emailed directly for one-on-one technical support. My Email address is all over the documentation.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Re: Stuck at "On and in range"

Postby Spikester » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:13 pm

psichel_adm wrote:What version of Phone Amego and Mac OS X?

1.3c3, Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

From your description, Phone Amego didn't even try to open your Phone because something went wrong.
Is there an error message in the system.log (view using Apple's Console.app).

Nothing.

Try removing /Library/Preferences/com.sustworks.Phone_Amego.plist and start again.

Dumping the preferences did not change the behaviour at all.

I think it would be easier if you Emailed directly for one-on-one technical support. My Email address is all over the documentation.

Duly noted.
Spikester

Return to Phone Amego