Custom Apple script for Obi110 outgoing call recording

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Custom Apple script for Obi110 outgoing call recording

Postby mbossuyt » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:19 pm

Hello,

I wonder whether it would be possible to integrate an Apple script in Phone Amego that would allow to automatically record all outgoing calls made with an Obi110? The VB script referred to in the link below works well but obviously only on Windows platforms and it has to be invoked manually each time a call is made. Unfortunately the Obi does not support recording of incoming calls.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2348.0

Kind regards

Marc
mbossuyt

Re: Custom Apple script for Obi110 outgoing call recording

Postby psichel_adm » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:05 pm

From the page you referenced:

The script simply emulates what pressing the "Record" button within the OBi interface does. When you press the "Record" button in the local OBi interface at http://your-obi-ip-address you are essentially launching page
http://your-obi-ip-address/record.au

So what you are trying to do is script Safari (WebKit) to open the corresponding page on your OBi and press the "Record" button. This doesn't sound terribly difficult, but I don't see much value in it for more than a handful of users. Many ITSPs offer call recording by pressing a few keys. Why do it from your OBi with all the inherent complexity and limitations?

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby mbossuyt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:18 am

I am not in a position of course to estimate the number of users who would value this, but I saw some at least on the Obi forum who were looking for a way to automate the recording and to avoid having to be in front of the Mac with the Obi interface open and ready to click the record button.

In regards to ITSP's offering this service, you are correct, but then again it is not automated and besides that this is not possible when using the Obi110 line port with an analogue service.

Kind regards

Marc
mbossuyt

Postby psichel_adm » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:21 pm

Thanks for the information. What I look for is some indication that there are more than a handful of customers eager to have this (like 10 or more). So far, I haven't seen that.

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby Joe » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:14 am

There is already a way to Record incoming and outgoing calls automatically using Phone Amego:
Phone Amego.png
Phone Amego.png (253.35 KiB) Viewed 7747 times

Works really great.
Joe

Postby Joe » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:41 am

Any way to make this occur with one Voip ATA on the list and not the other one?
Joe

Postby psichel_adm » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:00 pm

Any way to make this occur with one Voip ATA on the list and not the other one?

Phone Amego will try to load the Event URL for each telephone device, but you could select a manual event like Open Card or Option Open Card. This way Phone Amego won't request that URL until you press the card button in the Call Status window.

The other approach might be to add a feature that would look for a device name in the URL itself such as {device=name} and use that to restrict the Event URL to a specified device.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby Joe » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:10 am

Hi Peter,
thanks so much for you response,
please could you tell me exactly how I would format it if I want to include the Device Label/Name.
Joe

Postby Joe » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:38 am

>Now I just want to know if it is possible to wake the Mac from sleep automatically using WOL to record incoming and outgoing calls.

You are asking if the OBi can send a Wake On LAN (WOL) packet to wake your Mac. I don't believe it does this. If you want your Mac to monitor calls anytime of day or night, set it to not sleep. MacBook Pro's are pretty power efficient when idle.

- Peter
Joe

Postby Joe » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:30 am

Is there any possibility to have it alert 2 URLs
or to alert one for Phone1 of the Obi202 and one for Phone2 as with the Obi202 there is a different URL for each phone.

Thanks
Joe

Next

Return to Phone Amego