Phone Amega with Ooma

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Phone Amega with Ooma

Postby jbaugh » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:57 pm

I have the Phone Amega family pack. I'm using Phone Amega in conjunction with my Ooma phone service. My Ooma device is connected to my Mac Pro by means of a phone splitter and a USB modem. Call alerts and caller ID works on the Mac Pro and on my other 3 computers. But I am unable to place calls from the Mac Pro or from any of the remote computers. When Phone Amega attempts to dial a number I hear a few static sounding tones and then nothing happens. Is this a limitation of Phone Amega when used with Ooma or am I doing something wrong? I should mention that my operating system is Mountain Lion.
Thanks.
John
jbaugh

Re: Phone Amega with Ooma

Postby psichel_adm » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:25 pm

Are you picking up the phone handset before you dial?
Phone Amego just tells the modem to send touch-tones.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby jbaugh » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:42 pm

psichel_adm wrote:Are you picking up the phone handset before you dial?
Phone Amego just tells the modem to send touch-tones.

Yes, I am picking up the phone before dialing.
Suddenly, as I am writing this response, the problem is resolved! I'm not sure why dialing is now working. I only thing I have done differently is to go to System Preferences/Print and Scan and add my USB Modem as a Fax device. It incidentally doesn't seem to work for faxing. But now I can dial from my computer without difficulty.
John
jbaugh

Postby spiderjutt » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:59 am

am I doing something wrong too
Our excellent online Testking ccnp certification training programs will ged practice test lead you to success in the We also offer latest passguide and with 100% success guarantee. Our www.principiacollege.edu is rare in IT world.
spiderjutt

Postby psichel_adm » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:21 pm

I'm sorry. I don't understand your question.
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Return to Phone Amego