Can't publish to computers on network

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Can't publish to computers on network

Postby jbaugh » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:24 pm

I have Phone Amego family pack v 1.4c9.002. I have Phone Amego installed on 4 computers. My main computer is connected to an Ooma phone via usb modem. My other 3 computers have Phone Amego installed on them and they are all on my network. Under the "Sharing" pane on the computer attached to my Ooma line I have "share" selected for the Ooma line. I have each of the other 3 computers in the "Publishing to" box with "Caller ID Sharing On" selected.

On each of the other 3 computers I have them "Subscribed to" my main computer attached to Ooma. But there is no entry for Ooma in the "Select Local Phones to Share" box under the "Sharing" pane.

I once had this set up where it worked when sharing with 2 computers. But now it does not work. Is this a router setting problem? Could this be due to changes I've made to my software firewall? Are there certain ports I need to open?
Thanks.
John

I should add that I am running Mac OS X 10.8.2 on all machines.
jbaugh

Re: Can't publish to computers on network

Postby jbaugh » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:57 pm

I've figured out the problem. I did not realize that I had to add my main computer that was doing the publishing to the "Select Remote Phones to Dial" under "Sharing" to each of the subscribing computers. Once I did that and selected "Ooma" as the "Remote Device", "Ooma" suddenly appeared in the "Select Local Phones to Share" box. All is working well now.
John
jbaugh

Return to Phone Amego