Couple presale questions...

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Couple presale questions...

Postby p15d24 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:21 pm

Any restrictions to using a wired headset/mic on an iPhone while using PA?
Can I disconnect the audio feed from the iphone to the Mac? (I want to use a wired Plantronics headset/mic setup)
Are the new iPhones/IOS 7 now supported?
p15d24

Re: Couple presale questions...

Postby psichel_adm » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:17 pm

Any restrictions to using a wired headset/mic on an iPhone while using PA?

No.

Can I disconnect the audio feed from the iphone to the Mac? (I want to use a wired Plantronics headset/mic setup)

Yes. The key question is whether it will work reliably every time. In my experience, Bluetooth between the Mac and iPhone are getting much better. Wired headsets generally well. It's trying to use a Bluetooth headset and Phone Amego at the same time that's challenging.

OS X Mavericks will be another step forward (I'm not supposed to say exactly how, but it's not hard to guess).

Are the new iPhones/IOS 7 now supported?

I haven't heard anything to the contrary. I'm running iOS7 and some OS X Mavericks preview myself.

KInd Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Installed and operational, couple more questions...

Postby p15d24 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:51 am

In the call window when I do an Apple Address Book look up it finds a record(s) and I select the one I want to dial. However if I click on "Edit Contact" it creates a duplicate contact in Address book with the name and phone number and doesn't open the existing Address Book contact record that was originally searched. Is that a feature or bug?
Or is the intent to open/edit the related Address Book record is to always use the "Contacts" button in the call window?

Is the function of the checkbox to right of the name of the the device ("Remain open after dial or send") to keep the call window always open and visible on the screen?

Couple times when I was testing the dial out feature my bluetooth Apple mouse would lose connection. Any ideas what is happening or how to maintain the mouse connection? Kind of hard to hang up without a mouse :-)
p15d24

Re: Couple presale questions... Part 2

Postby p15d24 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:11 pm

My Caller ID in preferences doesn't display the preferred CRM drop down choice. Has it been moved to another location?
p15d24

Postby psichel_adm » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:32 pm

My Caller ID in preferences doesn't display the preferred CRM drop down choice. Has it been moved to another location?

That's a bug in the latest candidate. If you drop me a note, I can Email you a fixed version.

Regarding Duplicating an Address Book Contact, It should be looking for a matching Address Book contact first (especially if the entry came from the Address Book originally), but if it doesn't find one, it creates one. There may be a way I can improve upon this.

The check box you mention is meant to keep the Call window open.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby psichel_adm » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:33 pm

Bluetooth connectivity is beyond the scope of Phone Amego. It's a network stack. Phone Amego is an application that uses it.
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby p15d24 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:25 pm

Regarding Duplicating an Address Book Contact, It should be looking for a matching Address Book contact first (especially if the entry came from the Address Book originally), but if it doesn't find one, it creates one. There may be a way I can improve upon this.

It is getting the data from the original record in the Address Book, then creating a new record with three or four fields from the original record.

I will PM you with my direct contact info.
p15d24

Address Books data not mapping correctly...

Postby p15d24 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:40 pm

Seems like a record in COntacts that has the "company" flag set (checkbox) won't load correctly into the internal CRM. Company value gets appended to the name. Any way to define the mapping?

Second, if using the internal CRM is their a quick way to look up the records associated with an Address Book entry? Like a contextual menu that would allow you to open the associated internal CRM records from within Contacts based on the currently displayed Contacts record.
p15d24

Re: creating duplicate Contact

Postby psichel_adm » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:58 pm

When you initiate a call from Address Book, Phone Amego captures the Name, Phone Number, and Unique Record Identifier. There's no possibility of duplication because it already has a handle to the matching record. When you search from the Call Window, Phone Amego is re-constructing a matching string based on the characters you type from the information in the Address Book record. The fix I had in mind was to capture the unique Record Identifier.

When Phone Amego creates an Address Book record for a Contact Card, it will store the URL of that card in the URL field of the Address Book entry. In general you can find a contact card by searching from the Call Window, or anywhere else the rolodex card icon appears.

When Phone Amego creates a Contact Card from information in your Address Book, it includes the Unique Record Identifier of that Contact.
It would be neat to have a quick way to go back and forth between them and update either one from the other.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Return to Phone Amego