Logging calls in Daylite

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Logging calls in Daylite

Postby johncthompson » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:00 am

I'm a bit baffled about how you can log calls directly in Daylite 4. Is this even possible? I can log to Apple Calendar, synch that to iCloud and subscribe to the iCloud calendar in Daylite, but it only displays the calls in "My Calendar" and nowhere else.

Ultimately my goal would be to bring logged calls from several users into one custom calendar on Daylite.
johncthompson

Re: Logging calls in Daylite

Postby psichel_adm » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:22 am

Phone Amego doesn't currently log calls in Daylite directly. It can log calls to Calendar (iCal logging under the More tab), and you can synchronize that Calendar with Daylite. I'm not sure how well this works with Daylite 4, but the process is described here:

http://www.sustworks.com/pa_guide/daylite.html

If Phone Amego were to log calls in Daylite directly, how would you want them to appear? Should they be Calendar entries, or something else?

Phone Amego still maintains its own Call Log and SMS Log as well.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby johncthompson » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:32 am

Hi Peter

Thank you for your reply.

The links to Calendar/Daylite synchronisation on that page are for Daylite 3 not 4 and it no longer works in the same way.

I think I would be happy if they appeared as appointments/events on a Daylite calendar. Ideally they would be linked to a category which would make it easy to pick them up in customised calendars.

The call log in Phone Amego itself is great, but is there any way of exporting the data to CSV or similar? That would be another way we could collate call logs across a number of users.

--John
johncthompson

Postby psichel_adm » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:24 pm

I think I would be happy if they appeared as appointments/events on a Daylite calendar. Ideally they would be linked to a category which would make it easy to pick them up in customised calendars.

That sounds reasonable. If you can be more specific about the underlying mechanics, that will help. For example, can you suggest a specific category you want these events linked to?

From an API perspective, Daylite 4 lets you do pretty much anything using its built-in scripting language, but you have to know exactly what objects you want to create and link to.

The call log in Phone Amego itself is great, but is there any way of exporting the data to CSV or similar?

It already is CSV. Just press the "Show in Finder" button.

Enjoy!

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby johncthompson » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:40 am

Hi Peter

Sorry I missed the CSV feature - that's great, thanks!

With regards to the category, as these are admin-created rather than being integral to Daylite, I guess you would either need to instruct an Amego/Daylite user to create a category with a specific name especially for the purpose of flagging Amego events, or allow the user to create a category in Daylite of any name and then enter the matching name somewhere in the config of Amego.
johncthompson

Postby psichel_adm » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:03 pm

It sounds like I could just link them to a category named "Phone Amego" to be as transparent as possible. - Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Return to Phone Amego