Second call disconnected

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Second call disconnected

Postby Freek » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:17 am

Hi,

When on the phone and a second call comes in I would like to be able to click the HUD to force the call to go to voice mail. Today if I click the HUD both calls are disconnected.
Which to me is strange the options should be either answer the second incoming call and have the first on hold. Or force the second incoming call to voicemail, by clicking the HUD.

I did not check what happens if a call comes in on an other device. The behavior should be the same; e.g. on hold and switch between calls or voice mail.

freek
Freek

Re: Second call disconnected

Postby psichel_adm » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:50 am

If the calls come in on different devices or different lines on a single device, they are completely independent.

If two calls come in on the same device and line, Phone Amego doesn't currently distinguish them. If you press Hang-Up, Phone Amego will send the Hang-up signal to the phone. I would expect this to hang-up the current call (as of 1.4.23, it no longer tries to hangup both calls).

It sounds like Phone Amego needs a way to switch between the two calls putting the other on hold. What's the user interface?

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Return to Phone Amego