Does PA able to choose which phone to use?

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Does PA able to choose which phone to use?

Postby Bad Santa » Wed May 21, 2014 7:21 am

Hi guys,
I got used to that feature of Dialectic that it chooses which phone to use when I need to dial different locations. For example, if I call abroad, it uses VOIP, if my destination is local - iPhone.

Is there such feature in PA? Couldn't find it.

Thanks a lot,
Egor.
Bad Santa

Re: Does PA able to choose which phone to use?

Postby psichel_adm » Sat May 24, 2014 4:35 pm

I got used to that feature of Dialectic that it chooses which phone to use when I need to dial different locations. For example, if I call abroad, it uses VOIP, if my destination is local - iPhone.

Is there such feature in PA? Couldn't find it.

No, not at this time. You can choose which phone from the Phone Amego (PA) menu or device PopUp in the Call window. If you press Option as you click on a selected phone number, PA will open the Call window with the selected number so you choose which phone.

It sounds like you want a way to select which phone to dial based on the prefix of the phone number you are dialing. I'm open to suggestions. In general, I have tried to offer a lot of flexibility while keeping the app relatively simple to look at. There are only 9 selections in the PA menu bar item, and only 6 tabs of configuration options.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby Bad Santa » Mon May 26, 2014 4:15 pm

Hi Peter,
thanks for your answer. Indeed, I'm talking about long distance calls that I prefer to make via Skype or other voip. So if it's not my local call, the app would not wake my iPhone up, but voip I set.

This is done in Dialectic. I bought one but it hangs up on a regular basis, taking a lot of energy out of my macbook and support from the maker is pretty awful. No way.
Bad Santa

Postby psichel_adm » Tue May 27, 2014 9:29 pm

So how you describe the kind of call you want to redirect to a particular device? Is it just a prefix or dialing plan string?

One of my goals would be to keep this as simple as possible while letting advanced users access the feature they need.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby Bad Santa » Thu May 29, 2014 8:35 am

Yep, I do that based on prefix. I use iPhone to make calls within my country and app called Telephone to make calls outside. BTW, can you add this app to the list of what is supported?
Bad Santa

Postby psichel_adm » Sat May 31, 2014 3:14 pm

Telephone does not support any scripting as far as I know, so I'm not the one who can add support for that. The app itself needs to add support for "tel:xxx" URLs or some basic scripting. See http://www.sustworks.com/pa_guide/softphones.html

I have any idea for where to add a preferred dialing prefix when you double click on a device in the telephone devices table. Suggestions welcome.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Return to Phone Amego