USRobotics USR5637 Issues (Noise)

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

USRobotics USR5637 Issues (Noise)

Postby Heathy65 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:21 am

I have a USRobotics USR5637 USB modem connected to my Macbook Pro, the modem is connected to a standard UK BT provided analogue phone line.

The problem I have is that dialling is unreliable via the modem. If I issue a ATDT command the DTMF tones are delivered too fast, I fixed this with ATS11=150 to slow this down however the dialling is still unreliable.

One thing I have noticed is if I parallel the modem with my desk speaker phone then go off-hook (on speaker) with my phone I get a clean dial tone then if I issue the ATH1 command (to off-hook the modem) then the dial-tone is pulsing which isn't what I'd expect. FYI this 'pulsing' sounds like interference, it's definitely not a stutter-dialtone.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Heathy65

Re: USRobotics USR5637 Issues (Noise)

Postby psichel_adm » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:34 pm

This sounds like an issue with how the modem interfaces to your phone line. USR offers customer support on their website. I'm not aware of a setting Phone Amego can change to fix the problem, but am open to any suggestions.

Phone Amego has a Debug Log you can enable under the More tab. Along the bottom of the log window is a text field that allows you to send commands directly to your modem for testing.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Return to Phone Amego