Handset (SL400) connects to Amego but can't hear calls out.

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Handset (SL400) connects to Amego but can't hear calls out.

Postby jpcdavies » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:34 pm

I'm am testing out Phone Amego and loving it. However I have hit a speed bump.

We don't need audio through the Mac capability. We just want the caller ID info to be received by the Mac to allow 'screen pops'.

Running OSX El Capitan 10.11.2, Phone Amego 1.4.37 and connecting to a Gigaset SL400 handset (connected to an N300A IP base as we're using it for VoIP).

We have The SL400 connected as a 'bluetooth headset' using HFG (SPP didn't appear to do anything) and set to 'Accept HandsFree Never'. Seems a bit of a hack (albeit a documented one on the developers website) but phoning in works perfectly and allows screen pops of Address Book and our custom database, while still hearing the call on the handset itself.

However, calling out does not work. When we dial out it does dial and connect but we can't hear the call on the handset and the caller can't hear us. It *appears* the phone may think it's connected to an imaginary headset (the Mac?), but I'm not sure - an no sound is coming out of the Mac either.

As I say, we don't need audio through the Mac, just the screen pops. Does anyone know a fix for this, or would we be better off getting different hardware (e.g. Snom) ? Would the problem resolve? Would the connection be more robust than the 'bluetooth headset hack' on the SL400?

Appreciate any help!

Jonathan
jpcdavies

Re: Handset (SL400) connects to Amego but can't hear calls o

Postby psichel_adm » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:46 pm

Bluetooth audio on the Mac is not entirely reliable. This has been a known issue for years.

So the question is can you get it to work for you, or is there some way around. I'm sorry the SPP didn't work as that would be a practical work around that does not send call audio. You could also try selecting "Accept HandsFree Never" from Phone Amego under the Telephone Devices table.

Phone Amego has a Debug Log you can enable under the More tab to see what the software is doing. It should indicate if call audio is being transferred from the Audio Gateway (AG) to the HandsFree (HF) device.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Return to Phone Amego