Stakkato sound when connecting via bluetooth

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Stakkato sound when connecting via bluetooth

Postby Hansi » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:10 am

Hello together,

first of all I wanna say THANK YOU for providing an app like Phone Amego! I was looking for some bluetooth conference telephones for months now for my company. As all of my employees and colleagues are having macbooks and using iPhone5/5s now, I thought this would be a breakthrough.

Unfortunately after downloading the trial version and connecting my iPhone 5 with my MacBook (10.8.5), I was more then disappointed. All the test calls I did so far, left a very bad experience. It is literary unusable. Especially not when talking to a customer/client.

The whole sound I receive from through my MacBook speaker sounds like a staccato. You cannot even understand a single sentence. The same is true for speaking via the microphone.
Compared to the quality we are used to when using Skype, Phone Amego is a world behind.

Dont get me wrong! I just wanna know what I could have done wrong. BT connection is working and I can speak and hear through my Mac (as intended). But the quality is horrible. I´d like to roll out Amego to my whole team and also wanna pitch it to all my peers. But for that I wanna make sure that it is usable as an alternative to ordering 50+ bluetooth conference speakers.

Hans-Martin Brandl
Hansi

Re: Stakkato sound when connecting via bluetooth

Postby psichel_adm » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:43 am

The whole sound I receive from through my MacBook speaker sounds like a staccato. You cannot even understand a single sentence. The same is true for speaking via the microphone. Compared to the quality we are used to when using Skype, Phone Amego is a world behind.

My suggestion is to turn off "Echo Suppression" under the More tab and avoid using the built-in Microphone which picks up too much echo. Even with this adjustment, the Stakkato sound may be the result of Bluetooth radio interference. In theory, Bluetooth can handle up to 4 audio streams within a small area if there are no other WiFi or Bluetooth devices nearby.

Phone Amego simply routes Bluetooth Audio from Apple's Bluetooth Audio driver to your selected input and output device. Echo suppression turns down the built-in Mic while the speaker is playing. It does not provide full echo cancellation or low latency core audio processing. I anticipate this situation will improve dramatically under OS X Mavericks.

Compared to Skype, Phone Amego does not have the option to use a custom wideband audio codec and control the entire audio stack from end-to-end. Its focus is not audio processing. It relies on the Bluetooth and cell phone audio available. Obviously the iPhone includes very sophisticated audio processing and sounds much better (though not as good as Skype). Some of this technology will make its way to the Mac in OS X Mavericks.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby Ali22 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:37 am

It should help confirm the AT commands Phone Amego needs to recognize in order to manage a 3-way call. In essence, you want Phone Amego to recognize 3-way calls and offer a mechanism to hangup both calls. It will take a little time to sort out the UI, but it sounds reasonable.
Sign up with Pass4sure 642-902 for getting incredible online wikipedia courses exam and Princeton University. We also provide best EMC and selftestengine with guaranteed success.
Ali22

Postby psichel_adm » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:10 pm

I have updated Phone Amego so it should end both calls.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Return to Phone Amego