How to log incoming calls

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

How to log incoming calls

Postby johncthompson » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:40 am

I'm using a modem and analogue phone in conjunction with an Apple Mac and Daylite CRM.

I am able to dial out from Daylite and log the calls in both Phone Amego and Apple's Calendar software. However, I am unsure how to log incoming calls.

Is this possible? Do I need to have caller ID on our line for it to work, or is that only needed to display the caller in Daylite?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious - I tried searching this forum first but the search function appears to be broken.
johncthompson

Re: How to log incoming calls

Postby psichel_adm » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:32 pm

I am able to dial out from Daylite and log the calls in both Phone Amego and Apple's Calendar software. However, I am unsure how to log incoming calls.

Is this possible?

Yes.

Do I need to have caller ID on our line for it to work, or is that only needed to display the caller in Daylite?

Yes. This is what allows Phone Amego to capture the phone number of the calling party. Without out this, Phone Amego could only log that a call occurred.

If you are looking for a better solution, let me offer some observations.
1. USB modems are not ideal call logging devices since they don't report the call state or duration.
2. Legacy analog phone service usually charges a Premium for Caller ID (around $8/month).

If you already have high speed Internet, you can upgrade to a VoIP telephone service via your Internet connection to get much better pricing and features.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Return to Phone Amego