Caller ID HUD, info displayed

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Caller ID HUD, info displayed

Postby Freek » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:41 am

Hi,

Would like to specify which fields should be displayed in the HUD.
The suggestion is that you would be able to specify somewhere in a file the preferred fields.

For example I would like to see:
Photo, First name , Middle name, Last Name, Suffix
Company name
caller ID (e.g. phone number)

Freek
Freek

Re: Caller ID HUD, info displayed

Postby psichel_adm » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:38 am

Two questions:

Where would this information come from?
Most often the phone only provides the phone number so the rest would need to come from your Address Book or CRM.

Would you adjust the size of the HUD based on the information selected?
How would you identify the information displayed?

From my perspective, there's a danger of adding clutter. You can click on the image to open the correspond record in your Address Book. Or click on the Card icon to open the a corresponding record in your preferred CRM. I see the HUD as a kind of notification and summary.

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby Freek » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:52 am

Where would this information come from?
Most often the phone only provides the phone number so the rest would need to come from your Address Book or CRM.
[Response Freek Mooij]   The phone number comes from the phone and I suppose that you will get all other info from the address book or CRM.
So would be ideal if you can select which field you like to add. I like to see Company name, Name, Suffix, phone number and the picture.

Would you adjust the size of the HUD based on the information selected?
How would you identify the information displayed?
[Response Freek Mooij]   I would make it dependent on how many fields you define. Like today it is always the same size.
If you add more field I expect it will be bigger.

From my perspective, there's a danger of adding clutter. You can click on the image to open the correspond record in your Address Book. Or click on the Card icon to open the a corresponding record in your preferred CRM. I see the HUD as a kind of notification and summary.
[Response Freek Mooij]   I agree however if you offer a standard like today and give the option to define the fields out of the address book. The user can make the choise and can always go back to default.
Freek

Postby psichel_adm » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Why is it so important to display more information in the HUD (which can obscure other work when the phone rings)?

The HUD is just a summary. If you want more information, you can always click to open the corresponding card from your Preferred CRM or Address Book. When multiple calls come in, the HUDs stack letting you choose which customer record to open. Keeping it small is an advantage in this case.

Are you trying to avoid opening a separate window with more detailed caller information?
Would you prefer to just open the Address Book record directly when the phone rings?

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Return to Phone Amego