Newbie - Mavericks - GUI Scripting is not enabled

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Newbie - Mavericks - GUI Scripting is not enabled

Postby Boomerang » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:05 am

Hi I just purchased PA and have installed the software and plan to use it in connection with Daylite 4 and Foneconnector. I am using 10.9.2 on a MBA. I have enabled Plug-ins and I am trying to set Service Preferences. Whenever I click on the Service Preferences button I receive the following error message:

GUI Scripting is not enabled
Phone Amego wants to access your System Preferences to enable its System Service. Please select the "Enable access for assistive devices" checkbox in the Universal Access pane of System Preferences.

Press Allow when you are ready to proceed.

However under my System Preferences there is an Accessibility pane (not Universal Access) without the checkbox described.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Adrian
Boomerang

Re: Newbie - Mavericks - GUI Scripting is not enabled

Postby Boomerang » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:49 pm

Excellent - many thanks.

Out of curiosity & off topic, do you have any plans to add Voiper or iBlink to your list of soft phones?

Cheers,
Adrian
Boomerang

Postby psichel_adm » Sat May 10, 2014 5:53 pm

> do you have any plans to add Voiper or iBlink to your list of soft phones?

No plans yet. The problem is most Mac softphones don't support any kind of 3rd party software integration. If you find one that does, I'd be glad to support it. See "Feedback to Mac Softphone Makers" here:

http://www.sustworks.com/pa_guide/softphones.html

I have yet to find any other Mac softphones that support this. Given that dedicated IP phones (which are just softphones running on dedicated hardware) solved this problem over a decade ago, it's really not difficult. A few minutes googling how Yealink or Snom do it will give you all the answers you need.

Enjoy!

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby eeyoredragon » Mon May 19, 2014 10:33 pm

Does this work for anyone?

When I click Service Preferences and then navigate to Security and Privacy -> Privacy -> Accessibility... Phone Amego does not show up in the list to allow access. Normally doing something like clicking Service Preferences would cause the software to issue a request that would cause it to appear in said list so I could allow it access. This does not appear to be happening.
eeyoredragon

Postby psichel_adm » Sat May 24, 2014 4:16 pm

Try dragging and dropping the application into the box containing the list.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Return to Phone Amego