Irritating tone on incoming calls.

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Irritating tone on incoming calls.

Postby Carlton8000 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:57 am

I need help with a problem.

When a call comes in I get the on screen notification and I am able to answer the call from my landline phone. A few seconds after I answer the call I get static, then a beep like a fax or call recording beep. This continues during the call at approx 1min intervals. My system is as follows.

2010 Mac Mini Snow Leopard
Apple USB Modem
Latest Phone Amego Update. Registered User

Other than the above issue I really like PA.

Thanks
Carlton8000

Re: Irritating tone on incoming calls.

Postby psichel_adm » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:12 pm

The tone is probably from your modem when it tries to check the status of the line every minute or so. Please try unchecking Call Status as described here: http://www.sustworks.com/pa_guide/telLandline.html

Please also check that you have the latest version 1.2.9 which makes sure the modem disconnects from the line even if a request times out.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby Carlton8000 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:11 pm

Thanks for your guidance.

PA is now working as desired.
Carlton8000

Postby psichel_adm » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:22 pm

For any who may be following, here are the suggestions that worked:

(1) Make sure Phone Amego is the only software using your USB modem. You cannot use your modem for dial-up networking or to receive faxes at the same time.

(2) Quite Phone Amego, unplug your USB modem and then plug it back in to reset it, then relaunch Phone Amego.

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby Malala » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:23 am

I wanto to use it at my carpc, but really only to show id caller into screen, not to use it as handsfree; i have a parrot to do it, and then i dont have echo problems. Is possible?
Malala

Postby psichel_adm » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:52 pm

The Bluetooth HandsFree Profile (HFP) assumes you have a Bluetooth headset and will always try to transfer the call audio to the HandsFree (HF) device. The HF device can close the audio connection to return call audio to the Audio Gateway (AG) device. This behavior is configurable in Phone Amego, but Bluetooth audio on the Mac is not 100% reliable.
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Return to Phone Amego