Daylite Integration: Options?

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Daylite Integration: Options?

Postby chmars » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:14 pm

Are any options available to individually configure the Daylite integration?

An example: I like the possibility to create contacts and notes for calls, however, I do not want contacts and notes to be created for each call.

Another example: We already have a naming system for telephones notes in place and our naming system is different from Amego's (including the language).
chmars

Re: Daylite Integration: Options?

Postby psichel_adm » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:03 pm

Not every call needs to be a Daylite event. Phone Amego presents a "rolodex" icon that lets you push a button to lookup the corresponding customer record. Can you say more about the naming convention you would like to see?
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby chmars » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:21 am

If I set Daylite as 'Preferred CRM', I can only chose between Note and Task, i.e., a note or a task gets created for each incoming call.

I would prefer if I could decide whether I want to go to a contact in Daylite, to create a note or a task or to do nothing. Copy and paste for telephone numbers would be great too.

Is that possible?
chmars

Postby psichel_adm » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:43 am

I'll add the option for "None". Nice idea.

Please say more about what you mean by "Copy and paste for telephone numbers" in context of Daylite integration.
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby chmars » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:01 am

Great, thank you!

Copy and paste: Sorry, I wasn't accurate enough, copy and paste is not directly Daylite-related.

As far as I know, there's no convenient way to copy a telephone number from the Phone Amego pop-up window. 1Password for example has the (at least for me useful) feature that you click on a password and it gets copied into the clipboard. A dedicated copy button could work too.
chmars

Postby chmars » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:11 am

psichel_adm wrote:Can you say more about the naming convention you would like to see?

We use various titles for telephones notes (and not even in English, but in English, common examples would be 'Telephone call from NAME' and 'Telephone call to NAME'). In addition, we use a Daylite category for notes to mark them as telephone notes.

It might actually be easier to use your current system and simply change the title etc. during or after a call.
chmars

Postby psichel_adm » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:57 am

I added support for; Note, Task, or None. Drop me an Email if you want to test it.

As far as I know, there's no convenient way to copy a telephone number from the Phone Amego pop-up window.

The fields in the call status window are not directly selectable because it's a floating window. I could add a selection to the Action menu (lower right) for Copy to Clipboard. Is that what you had in mind? Or were you looking for a dedicated copy button?

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby chmars » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:14 am

psichel_adm wrote:I added support for; Note, Task, or None. Drop me an Email if you want to test it.

Thanks, I'm sending you an e-mail!

psichel_adm wrote:
As far as I know, there's no convenient way to copy a telephone number from the Phone Amego pop-up window.

The fields in the call status window are not directly selectable because it's a floating window. I could add a selection to the Action menu (lower right) for Copy to Clipboard. Is that what you had in mind? Or were you looking for a dedicated copy button?

A selection to the action menu would be great.
chmars

Return to Phone Amego