Keyclick will not write my registration data

Forum to share information about Keyclick and get help to answer your questions

Keyclick will not write my registration data

Postby tkytoaster » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:22 pm

I havea 24 inch Imac running the latest OSX software. I download the trial Keyclick months agao and enjoyed it so much that I purchased it. However, when I go to enter my license information and press the Personalize button, Keyclick tells me the information cannot be written. I have looked in the LIbrary and there is no Sustainable Softworks folder to write to.

I hope you can help me.
tkytoaster

Re: Keyclick will not write my registration data

Postby tkytoaster » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:36 pm

After poking about under the hood, it seems that version 1.2.2 will activate, but I have yet to hear anything. It is when I update to the newer versions that the registration data cannot be written.
tkytoaster

Postby psichel_adm » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 pm

Keyclick has not been updated in some time but Mac OS X has which leads me to believe some system behavior has changed which prevents Keyclick from finding the folder it is looking for. I'm investigating.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby psichel_adm » Mon May 16, 2016 6:56 pm

You can always save your registration data manually if you prefer. To do this, create a plain text file named "Keyclick_key" with the XML plist from the message you received with your registration data and place it at the location shown by the file path in the info message.

/Library/Application Support/Sustainable Softworks/Keyclick_key

Notice /Library is at the top level of your hard drive, where as ~/Library is inside your Home folder.
I apologize for all the hassle. Mac OS X has changed the rules to be more secure so these locations
are not always user accessible after a system upgrade.
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Return to Keyclick