Call log not showing recent calls

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Call log not showing recent calls

Postby zzzland0 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:07 pm

Recently the call log started showing calls only from a few days ago. It is not the case that the logged calls were there and then disappeared. The logging just seems to have slowed down so much that it is now a few days behind E.g. Today is the 19/4/16 (Aussie format dd/mm/yy) but the call log is only showing up to the 15/4/16 (yesterday it was only showing up to the 14/4/16).

Any thoughts?
zzzland0

Re: Call log not showing recent calls

Postby psichel_adm » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 pm

Phone Amego has a Debug Log you can enable under the More tab to see what the program is doing. Normally Phone Amego logs call when the call ends, so it helps if your telephone device signals when a call ends and Phone Amego is able to perform its Call End processing.

Next, from the Call Log window, you can choose "Show in Finder" to see the actual call log files and make sure they are being saved the way you expect. Since Phone Amego places these files in the ~/Library/Logs hierarchy, it is not uncommon for some "spring cleaning" programs to delete them assuming they are unimportant.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Re: Call log not showing recent calls

Postby zzzland0 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:21 pm

Thanks Peter.

The call logs are only logging 'dialled' calls as of lately for some reason. Previous to these issues arising they were working as they should.

I looked at the debug log and I really don't have the experience to understand what it says.

Should I send a copy of the debug log to support?
zzzland0

Return to Phone Amego