Aastra 6755i won't take calls and needs manual dialing

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Aastra 6755i won't take calls and needs manual dialing

Postby squandokan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:15 am

hey guys,

i've got two problems:

i'm using daylite 4 and the latest phone amego version and an aastra 6755i.

first problem:

if someone calls me, caller id is shown, everything works fine but pushing the green button doesn't take the call, i have to push the button on my telephone to take it. hanging up is working fine.

another problem i ran into the last two days (and i don't know what changed besides the daylite installation) is that if i copy-paste-dial or dial from the address book or from daylite, the number is dialed on the phone BUT the cursor keeps blinking behind the dialed number and i have to activate the call via the telephone.

thanks in advance!
squandokan

Re: Aastra 6755i won't take calls and needs manual dialing

Postby psichel_adm » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:50 pm

if someone calls me, caller id is shown, everything works fine but pushing the green button doesn't take the call, i have to push the button on my telephone to take it. hanging up is working fine.

another problem i ran into the last two days (and i don't know what changed besides the daylite installation) is that if i copy-paste-dial or dial from the address book or from daylite, the number is dialed on the phone BUT the cursor keeps blinking behind the dialed number and i have to activate the call via the telephone.

This indicates a possible incompatibility in the URL commands being sent to your Aastra phone. Phone Amego has a Debug Log you can enable under the More tab to see exactly what command is sent to your phone and the response if any. Please send me the text of the Debug Log output shortly after it doesn't behave the way you expected. <http://www.sustworks.com/pa_guide/gettingHelp.html>.

Next, if you have a pointer to any model specific documentation for your Aastra phone, that may help. Sometimes there are slight differences between models or firmware versions which I uncover through customer reports. In most cases I buy and test with one phone or device for each class of product Phone Amego supports. In a few cases, a customer has donated or loaned a device they wanted me to test with. [I get most of my phones through eBay and my office looks like a phone store.]

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby psichel_adm » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:23 am

Looking at the code, I see that Phone Amego is simulating a series of keypad presses to dial a number.

First it presses the selected line key if any,
Then it presses the keypad keys 0-9,*,# representing the phone number if any.

Normally your phone should dial after a short delay (selectable in the Dial plan or configuration).
Is there a "Dial" button Phone Amego could press that would indicated to dial immediately?

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby adolfainsley8 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:36 am

adolfainsley8

Postby psichel_adm » Sun May 15, 2016 9:48 pm

Phone Amego is sending a simple URL to instruct your phone to accept the call. You can see this URL in the Debug Log (enable under the More tab). Our challenge is to figure out why this URL is not being recognizes on your phone model. Did Aastra change the format of this command somehow? Is Phone Amego not sending the command as expected?

You have the information to see what Phone Amego is sending to your phone, and also test your phone to see what command it needs to see (from a web browser). I don't have an Aastra 6755i to do this testing.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Return to Phone Amego