Audio device problem

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Audio device problem

Postby addeth » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:44 am

Hi!

Great software.Im thinking of buying it couse i really need a program liked this. Im on iPhone 4 and a MacBook Pro. I get everything working except the audio out. If i select built-in speakers i get sound. But i have this wireless usb headset that i want to use but i dont get any sound if i choose this device called SYNIC Wireless Audio. I have selected the device in both system and in Phone Amego. Sound works fine in system. I get sound in BluePhoneElite2

Any ideas?
/Andreas
addeth

Re: Audio device problem

Postby addeth » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:50 am

Hmm. I just dl:ed the 1.2.18 version and now i get sound. Thats weird
addeth

Postby psichel_adm » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:53 am

Thanks for your note. Phone Amego 1.2.17 and earlier used Apple's "Core Audio Play Through" (CAPlayThrough) sample code directly to route audio from the Bluetooth audio driver. It turns out this sample code was buggy so I updated it in 1.2.18 . This improved the sound quality and compatibility of the code, but also uncovered another bug that would sometimes mute the speaker output. This bug has been fixed in the latest candidate version on my downloads page: http://www.sustworks.com/sb_site/downloads.html

In my humble experience, Core Audio is subtle so it's taking a little time to get it just right. My next focus is adding acoustic echo suppression to remove sound from the speaker that is picked up by the microphone. This isn't so much a problem on the Mac side, but the person you are calling may hear some echo depending on the speaker and microphone you are using.

While Mac telephony is not new, Phone Amego is a young program and the developer (me) is still learning about Core Audio. I use Phone Amego myself and love to see it shine.

Kind Regards,

- Peter Sichel
Sustainable Softworks
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby addeth » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:31 pm

I forgot to mention that i used 1.2.19 at first when i didnt get no sound. Works great now with 1.2.18

Iv just bought the program, great work. ;)

/Andreas
addeth

Postby pauls » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:52 am

Hello,

I would like to report the same issue as the last user.

I downloaded 1.2.19 initially thinking I should try the latest version.
I use a Pro Audio interface, www.mhlabs.com 2882 +DSP, and I have the same issue with the Toktumi service on my computer where I can't hear the audio out of my interface due to some bug in handling the audio streams, but you appear to have it right in version 1.2.18 b/c I do hear the audio out my interface.

I am going to continue testing but I would be happy to help.

Paul
pauls

Postby psichel_adm » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:03 am

Thanks for the report. If you send me an Email, I'll send you the latest build for testing. I expect to post 1.2.20 soon.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby pauls » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:20 am

Hi Peter,

I may have spoken a little bit too soon on 1.2.18.
It turns out that everyone I have used it with has experienced an echo, so I have stopped using the app for now.
However, I am still very happy to test out the new version.

This type of app is GREAT and solves the very specific problem you mentioned on the product description page.
I am excited to help as it benefits us both.

Cheers,

Paul
pauls

Postby addeth » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:50 pm

I have sent you my email on PM
addeth

Postby psichel_adm » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:44 pm

After more testing, I see there are still some issues in 1.2.19 . I'm also working on adding echo suppression.

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby cbush57 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:51 pm

I just downloaded 1.2.20 and I can't get any sound through my system. Where can I download 1.2.18, or am I doing something wrong. I'm running Mac 10.6.7.

Thanks,
~Clint
cbush57

Next

Return to Phone Amego