"Numbers to ring" option gone.

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

"Numbers to ring" option gone.

Postby AgentEd » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:41 pm

Just installed Phone Amego on my new MBP. Logged in to GVoice using my e-mail and password. Debug shows that I'm connected.

But, there are several issues.

#1. Only one phone number shows up - my office number. Why that number I don't know.
1.jpg
1.jpg (36.85 KiB) Viewed 3892 times

#2. The "Number to ring" option in the drop-down in gone. I am no longer able to select which number the call should ring to.
2.jpg
2.jpg (15.84 KiB) Viewed 3892 times

#3. Can't seem to log out of GVoice. No matter what I use for username and password debug always shows that it connects and authenticates to GVoice.
3.jpg
3.jpg (68.01 KiB) Viewed 3892 times

Uninstalled and reinstalled several times no change.
AgentEd

Re: "Numbers to ring" option gone.

Postby psichel_adm » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:44 pm

#1. Only one phone number shows up.

Phone Amego is reporting the numbers it found on your Google Voice Inbox page. If you open this page in Safari and select "View -> View Source", this is what Phone Amego sees. Near the bottom of the page is a list of your numbers to ring in JSON format. You can Email me directly for troubleshooting assistance with this.

#2. The "Number to ring" option in the drop-down is gone.

You must check "Use Google Voice" and have more than one number to ring for this option to appear. If you login to your Google Voice account using Safari, how many numbers to ring are configured for this account?

#3. Can't seem to log out of GVoice.

You can log out of Google Voice by pointing Safari at http://www.google.com/voice and pressing the logout button on the page that appears. Phone Amego does not provide an explicit logout button at this time.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby AgentEd » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:43 pm

Still no solution to this problem. The number come and go randomly. It's been working for about a month after I reinstalled it and now they are gone again.

I don't mind paying for software. I am happy to pay for a product that provides me he functionality I need. However, at $30 and NO SUPPORT it pretty ridiculous.

I have had several issues and put in several trouble tickets with no real assistance other than to "check my login".

It's not like this is freeware. I paid $30 bucks for this app which when it works it totally worth it. Support it severely lacking.

Will someone please respond?
AgentEd

Postby psichel_adm » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:48 am

I hear your frustration, and I'm sorry you're still having trouble. I'm the developer of the software and will certainly try to help. To be honest, I need more information than you have given me in this forum to get to the root of the problem you are seeing.

Phone Amego is reading the "numbers to ring" from your Google Voice Inbox screen. If you display that page in your web browser, select "View->View Source", and then copy and send the text to me in an Email (that will give me an idea of what you are seeing). Since you indicate it works sometimes but not others, that suggests there may some issue with the information Google Voice is presenting that Phone Amego is not parsing correctly.

As I mentioned above, the "Numbers to ring" option only appears when more than one "Number to ring" was found.

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby psichel_adm » Tue May 31, 2011 5:00 pm

This may be fixed in the latest version (1.3b2). Google Voice changes the presentation of data on the inbox page from time-to-time and a recent change may have prevented Phone Amego from finding your list of forwarding numbers.

I'll be curious to hear how this works.

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Return to Phone Amego