Time to answer

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Time to answer

Postby davidsky » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:56 am

Hi all,
moved from BluePhoneElite to Amego.. and the only issue I have is that Amego takes ages to display the call window..
In most of the cases, by the time I get the Amego status displayed, caller has been redirected on my voice mail :(
Tried every possible tweak...cant fix it... Anyone ?
configuration is
MBP MacOS 10.6.7
Iphone 4 iOS 4.3
Amego 1.2.20

TIA,

David
davidsky

Re: Time to answer

Postby psichel_adm » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:32 am

Hi David,

It's odd that it would take noticeably longer to display a Call Status window unless there was some problem maintaining a connection to your iPhone. Have you by chance selected "Accept HandsFree Never"? That prevents Phone Amego from establishing a "Service Level Connection" with your phone, so it has to poll for call status once every few seconds. If that's the case, try "Accept Hands-Free When Selected".

Phone Amego has a debug log you can open under the "More" tab that shows the ongoing data exchange between your telephone device and Phone Amego. When a call comes in, a call status notification from your phone should appear promptly causing Phone Amego to open the call status window. Phone Amego actually waits to read the Caller ID (if any) before showing the call status window to avoid flashing the display when the number becomes available.

I understand it can take an extra second or two to answer on the Bluetooth Speakerphone but that's a separate issue.

Let me know how it goes. If you can send me a copy of the log window output (by Email), that will help me understand what's happening in your situation.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Return to Phone Amego