Bluetooth Audio / HandsFree

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Bluetooth Audio / HandsFree

Postby glaucon » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:59 pm

Can I set up PA to dial and talk hands free on my iMac (using the built-in speakers and mic)?
glaucon

Re: Hands Free on iMac?

Postby psichel_adm » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Yes, but it's not an ideal solution. See

http://www.sustworks.com/pa_guide/handsfree.html

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Bluetooth speakerphone always on

Postby Eddie » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:10 pm

Using Phone Amego 1.3c3 on Lion. (Thanks for fixing PA so fast.) Now I have a new issue. Every time I make or answer a call, my phone (Droid X) goes to bluetooth speakerphone which, since BT speakerphone is disabled in PA 1.3c3, means neither I nor the caller can communicate until I manually turn off BT speakerphone on my phone. It's an annoyance mostly, but a real problem when my phone has locked itself and isn't responding quickly enough when I'm trying to answer. I haven't changed the settings in PA and my phone is set to Use HandsFree When Selected (Use HandsFree Never is grayed out).
Eddie

Re: Bluetooth speakerphone always on

Postby psichel_adm » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:20 pm

Every time I make or answer a call, my phone (Droid X) goes to bluetooth speakerphone which, since BT speakerphone is disabled in PA 1.3c3, means neither I nor the caller can communicate until I manually turn off BT speakerphone on my phone.

The Bluetooth HandsFree profile specifies that the audio is automatically routed to the HandsFree unit when the call is established. Unless Answer on Speakerphone is selected, Phone Amego will close the Bluetooth SCO audio connecting immediately passing the audio back to your phone. You should be able to verify this in the Phone Amego debug log (which you can open under the More tab). If your phone fails redirect the call audio back through the built-in speaker and microphone, I don't know what else to do besides switching the audio source from the Phone side.

Can you confirm the SCO Link is being destroyed immediately after it is established in the Phone Amego debug log?
Does your phone insist on establishing the SCO link again? If so, that would be a bug in your phone.

KInd Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby Eddie » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:23 pm

This is a segment from the debug log. The connection goes through fine, but it never actually transfers audio back, it appears. This is something new and did not happen with the same phone on prior versions.

--> <cr><lf>+CIEV: 2,0<cr><lf>
2011-08-01 15:16:06 [Call script call_end (CILC-X)]
[CS Released (CILC-X)]
[Request to dial: CONTACT: 434-555-5555 [Work]]
2011-08-01 15:16:14 [Call script will_dial (CONTACT: 434-555-5555 [Work])]
[TelNumber: CONTACT: 434-555-5555 [Work] converted to DialString: 4345555555]
[Call Start: 2011-08-01 19:16:14 +0000 (CILC-X)]
[CS Dialing (CILC-X)]
[SM 201 (CILC-X)]
<-- ATD4349243225;<cr>
2011-08-01 15:16:14 [Call script did_dial (CILC-X)]
--> <cr><lf>OK<cr><lf>
[SM 202 (CILC-X)]
2011-08-01 15:16:22 [Dial complete (CILC-X)]
--> <cr><lf>+CIEV: 3,2<cr><lf>
[setSCOState: -1]
[CS Connecting (CILC-X)]
--> <cr><lf>+CIEV: 2,1<cr><lf><cr><lf>+CIEV: 3,0<cr><lf>
[CS Active Out (CILC-X)]
[Attempt to transferAudio]
Eddie

Postby psichel_adm » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:55 pm

Thanks so much for the report. I think I found the problem and fixed it in version 1.3c4 now available from my website.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby psichel_adm » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:27 am

Unfortunately this fix which involved loading the Bluetooth SCO Audio device resulted in crashes for some users, so I removed it in 1.3c5 . The only real solution is for Apple to fix their Bluetooth SCO Audio driver.

You can continue to use any of the previous version which are available from the same folder on my website.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer.

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Distorted Voice

Postby codyshaw » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:45 am

Hello everyone,
I wanted to buy this software so downloaded for trial.Two days now, I try to use it but unfortunately voice is distorted.It is same when I dial or receive call and person I m trying to talk says my voice is distorted as well. I use Samsung E2152 Dual SIM mobile phone. I tried to fix it but no success.If anybody has got any suggestion, I will be grateful. Thank you for your time.
codyshaw

Re: Distorted Voice

Postby psichel_adm » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:57 pm

There are many links in the audio chain that could be causing the distortion you are experiencing.

If you haven't already, please review the Bluetooth Speakerphone page at:

http://www.sustworks.com/pa_guide/handsfree.html

You might also try version 1.3c7 which uses QTKit to play audio from the Bluetooth audio driver to the Macs built-in speaker and microphone. I adopted QTKit because it reduces my own audio play-through code to about 20 lines needed to setup a capture session. Phone Amego itself is not currently doing any audio processing, so what you are hearing is Apple's built-in Bluetooth and Core Audio framework layered on top of a Bluetooth SCO link and your cell phone's audio.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Bad bluetooth audio quality

Postby yufretti » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:11 am

Hi!
I purchased from the App Store, Phone Amego for my MacBook Pro. I use it with my iPhone 3G with 3.1.3 firmware.
Unfortunately I have a problem with the quality Bluetooth audio: PC-side audio quality is good, but the other side hears the voice parts and very late.
Is there anything I can do to improve the audio quality?
I'm using Logitech HeadSet 960 USB with my MacBook.
Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

yufretti
yufretti

Next

Return to Phone Amego