URL for Server Monitor AFP?

Forum to share information about IPNetMonitorX and get help to answer your questions

URL for Server Monitor AFP?

Postby cavenewt » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:05 pm

Hi

I want to use IPNMX to troubleshoot whether problems are on our LAN or with our Leopard XServe.

I've connected from a Lion machine at my home, via VPN (managed by the XServe's OSX Server), to the office LAN. I can ping the server. When I double-click on the Result column in Server Monitor, I get the options to mount share points on the desired server, indicating the URL is correct. However, all Server Monitor gives me is that the server is Down. My URL is afp://192.168.1.17:548

In case the VPN connection is the problem, I'll haul my laptop to the office and try from there. Is there something else I can do? Have I got the URL wrong?

Thanks

--Colleen
cavenewt

Re: URL for Server Monitor AFP?

Postby psichel_adm » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:50 pm

>However, all Server Monitor gives me is that the server is Down. My URL is afp://192.168.1.17:548

That's a tough one because IPNetMonitorX is using Mac OS X's built-in URL loading system to load the URLs and it may not handle the afp:// URL scheme (I believe it recognizes HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP)

There must be some other system component in Mac OS X that understands how to load that URL, but I'm not sure what it is. When you just click on the URL, launch services passes it to the designated application or service. If you can suggest a way to have Mac OS X load an afp:// URL, I'm open to to using it.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Return to IPNetMonitorX