Some Features don't work with gVoice

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Re: Problems with Google Voice

Postby psichel_adm » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:06 am

Problem resolved. I fixed a bug in the way Phone Amego sends Cookies to Google Voice when building a request of type POST.
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Some Features don't work with gVoice

Postby ForeKris » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:12 pm

Features like Caller ID and call logging and iCal integration don't seem to be working with gVoice calls. These features are working when calls come in to my mobile phone (iPhone4).
ForeKris

Re: Some Features don't work with gVoice

Postby psichel_adm » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:37 pm

Allow me to suggest we do detailed technical support by Email (psichel "at" sustworks "dot" com).

When you say some features don't work with Google Voice, can you be more specific about what you did that didn't work the way you expected? For example, if you place a GV call, Phone Amego will contact GV over the web to initiate the call. If the number GV is set to ring is not being monitored by Phone Amego, it won't appear in the call log since Phone Amego doesn't actually see a call, all it saw is contacting the GV website to request a call.

When you write, please include what version of the software you are using and what telephone devices are involved.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby ForeKris » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:54 pm

I guess this isn't a bug, it's an RFE.

It would be great if gVoice calls initiated with Phone Amego were logged.

It'd be even better if phone amego created an ical entry for every new item in the call history. this would include incoming and out going calls, SMSs, and voicemails. perhaps contacting gVoice every 15 minutes (or configurable).
ForeKris

Postby psichel_adm » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:26 am

>It would be great if gVoice calls initiated with Phone Amego were logged.

I updated Phone Amego to do this. Drop me an Email if you would like to help test this feature.

>It'd be even better if phone amego created an ical entry for every new item in the call history. this would include incoming and out going calls, SMSs, and voicemails. perhaps contacting gVoice every 15 minutes (or configurable).

Phone Amego logs calls on telephone devices it is configured to monitor. These currently include BT cell phones, landlines, and Cisco/Linksys/Sipura VoIP adaptors and phones. With the change above, it will log its own successful Google Voice requests to initiate a call or SMS.

Phone Amego doesn't attempt to monitor your Google Voice account to integrate your Google Voice call history, but it does provide an easy way to view this. Press Option while you select a "Number to Ring" from the Phone Amego menu (to configure which numbers to ring). This will open your web browser to the "Settings->Phones" page of your Google Voice account. Click on "History" in the left column to see your call history.

I realize this doesn't provide "iCal logging" for your Google Voice history. My initial thinking is to keep Phone Amego focussed on phones (including soft phones running on your Mac). As telephone service becomes an extension of the Internet, the question of where to focus becomes more complicated. I'm open to other perspectives. In general, the most Mac like answer is to focus on the user experience while reducing clutter from the underlying implementation.

Enjoy! - Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Phone Amego