Using softphones with Phone Amego

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Using softphones with Phone Amego

Postby hissy1701 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:45 am

Hi, I am looking for a way of setting this programe up with a softphone on my Mac (I am currently using iSoftphone on my iMac and Bria on my iPhone/iPad), I looked into the google voice option but I think it is not fully available to me as I am in the UK, I currently have a VOIP provider and would just like to use this to record my calls via my iCal.

Thanks for your help in advance

Andy
hissy1701

Re: Using softphones with Phone Amego

Postby psichel_adm » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Yes, I'm here. I just posted Phone Amego 1.3.6 with support for Polycom IP phones. I'm looking at adding support for a popular softphone like Counterpath Bria and/or X-Lite next.

Any pointers or suggestions would be welcome (Email is easiest best for me).

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby tacoloco » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:37 pm

We'd be very interested in this feature also. I have already purchased a licence ;)

We currently use the Cisco SPA504G phones and can use the Counterpath clients and softphones. I guess we have SIP provider.
Would be great if Phone Amego could work.

Happy to help out with account details or testing.
tacoloco

Postby psichel_adm » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:49 am

I added support for dialing with CounterPath X-Lite 4 yesterday. Unfortunately I ran into a bug trying to read the the call status from X-Lite 4 or Bria 3 (the returned status is empty). CounterPath says they'll look into the problem.

If you want to test dialing with X-Lite 4 or Bria 3, drop me a note and I can send you a test version.

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby hissy1701 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi Peter,

I have Bria 3 and your latest update (31/1) of Phone amego but for some reason when I try to set up with Bria 3 Phone Amego says it is out of range, yet x-lite connects perfectly? Can you help on this please?
hissy1701

Postby psichel_adm » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:27 am

Can you confirm that you have only the latest version of Bria 3 installed and that the software works on your system? Phone Amego tries to connect with Bria 3 using Apple's Scripting Bridge (which uses AppleScript to communicate with the target application). The only reason it should fail is if launch services can't find the application on your hard drive.

You might try running a disk repair utility and restarting your system. Please Email me directly if you would like further assistance.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby hissy1701 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:33 am

Would it make any difference if Bira 3 was purchased on the App store?

What is your email please?
hissy1701

Postby psichel_adm » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:23 pm

Would it make any difference if Bira 3 was purchased on the App store?

I don't think that will help. Phone Amego is literally looking for an application with bundle identifier "com.CounterPath.Bria_3". You might check the info.plist on your installed version of Bria 3 to confirm it has the bundle identifier above. That's what PA is asking launch services to find.

>What is your email please?

You can find this in the Phone Amego User's Guide. It's psichel "at" sustworks "dot" com (I prefer not to post it literally to reduce spam).

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby psichel_adm » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:20 pm

We found the problem. Some versions of Bria 3 use a different bundle identifier: "com.CounterPath.Bria_3" vs "com.CounterPath.Bria-3". I'm guessing the later was used in older versions of Bria 3 but was changed to follow Apple's new guidelines. I updated Phone Amego to look for either Bundle identifier. Let me know if you need this update for testing.

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby hissy1701 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:56 am

Hi Peter,

Counterpath have updated the app on the app store is it now fully compatible with phone amego.

Thanks

Andy
hissy1701

Next

Return to Phone Amego