Previously i prefer to ask...

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Previously i prefer to ask...

Postby chencho » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:06 pm

I'm considerating to purchase Phone Amego, but i have some questions...

I wanto to use it at my carpc, but really only to show id caller into screen, not to use it as handsfree; i have a parrot to do it, and then i dont have echo problems. Is possible?

Now i'm with iphone 4; Can i use it by bt? Or only by usb?

Can i make bigger the id caller to see correctly into a 7" screen?

Thanks.
chencho

Re: Previously i prefer to ask...

Postby psichel_adm » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:25 pm

>I wanto to use it at my carpc, but really only to show id caller into screen, not to use it as handsfree; i have a parrot to do it, and then i dont have echo problems. Is possible?

I don't follow what you mean by "carpc". Phone Amego is software that runs on a Mac to provide on-screen caller ID, click-to-dial, and other features. The Hands-Free speakerphone feature is entirely optional. You can simply ignore this if you wish.

>Now i'm with iphone 4; Can i use it by bt? Or only by usb?

Phone Amego connects to iPhones by Bluetooth (there is no support for USB).

>Can i make bigger the id caller to see correctly into a 7" screen?

I don't quite follow how you have a Mac with a 7" screen. The best way to learn about Phone Amego is to try it and review the user guide when you have questions.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby chencho » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:24 am

Thanks for the replies.

Carpc: Mount a PC (Mac) into a car; then change the default radio (1 din) for a 7" tft touchscreen (2 din)

I will try Phone Amego, thanks.
chencho

Postby chencho » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:25 pm

Hi again.

I'm trying to use Phone Amego with iPhone 4, but no success.

I can pair it, but into Phone Amego shows iPhone as "Wireless iAP" (status: On and in range). But into iPhone dont see the pair with my PC.

I install growl to see notifications, and start it, but nothing happen when i call to my iphone, or when i dial with Phone Amego. No errors displayed, nothing.

I use it with "disable handsfree" and without it.

Any tip?

---

Ok, according with http://www.sustworks.com/pa_guide/btConfig.html into services iPhone must show "Handsfree Gateway", but only appears "Wireless iAP" :(

Currently, 10.5.8 and iPhone 4.1 with lasted PA 1.2.12

---

I try with another bt dongle, but dont can get Handsfree service from iphone.

With 10.6.4 i can see it, but not have PA installed into it.

I want to use with 10.5.8
chencho

Postby psichel_adm » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:55 pm

The Bluetooth stack and user interface for pairing devices and selecting services is provided by Apple.

Bluetooth defines different "service profiles" to standardize different services. Phone Amego is designed to connect with the "Hands-Free Gateway" service. If you don't see this profile on your iPhone, something is amiss with your Bluetooth stack below the level of Phone Amego. It's hard to guess what that could be, but I would try removing the "/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist" file and restarting your system. You could also verify Bluetooth is enabled on your iPhone and try restarting it as well.

Finally, if you press and hold "Option" while you click on "Attach Device..." in the select Bluetooth Device sheet, Phone Amego will ask the Bluetooth UI to list every device profile it sees (instead of just the compatible ones it expects).

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Return to Phone Amego