Number to ring: SIP:xxxx@Gmail.com (Google Talk)

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Number to ring: SIP:xxxx@Gmail.com (Google Talk)

Postby RjinWI » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:01 pm

Greetings!

I currently use Phone Amego via the Mac store and have the most recent version.

I noticed in the menu under number to ring I have two options sip:xxx@gmail.com (Google Talk) the other option is my iPhone5 which works fine.

When using the Address Book (Contact) plugs, I select the contact I wish to call (IE Dial with phone amego) and if the Google Talk option is selected nothing happens. (Usually my Google line will ring, I pick up the phone and I'm connected.

Has something changed or do I need to make an adjusted to this SIP information that recently appeared?

I use the Obi110

Thanks for your advice.
RjinWI

Re: Number to ring: SIP:xxxx@Gmail.com (Google Talk)

Postby psichel_adm » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:40 pm

I'm not aware of any change around this in Phone Amego. There may have been some change on the Google Talk side. On my "Number to Ring" list, it shows my Gmail address for my Google Talk connection (OBi110).

Phone Amego is extracting the number to ring list from the Google Voice page. If you login with Safari and select "Show Source", you can see the list of numbers to ring at the bottom of the source listing. Is your Gmail address listed there?

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby RjinWI » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:14 pm

Thanks for getting back to me.

I logged into Google voice with Safari and I can not locate a "Show source" option. Do I need to clean my glassess? :)
RjinWI

Postby psichel_adm » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:00 am

I think you need to enable the Develop menu.

Safari Preferences -> Advanced -> Show Develop menu in menu bar

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby RjinWI » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:56 am

This was a difficult problem to resolve. Peter did a great job in fixing the problem. I highly suggest this program due to it's features and strong tech support.

Thanks Peter!
RjinWI

Postby RjinWI » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:51 pm

SOLVED Thank Thank You!!!!
RjinWI

Number to ring: SIP:xxxx@Gmail.com (Google Talk) IT'S BACK

Postby RjinWI » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:53 pm

Hi Peter! Remember me? The issue is back. It appears as the program is calling out (based on the HUD and counter) buy my phone never rings).

What data would you like to help overcome this issue again. Let me know. Thank you in advance.
RjinWI

Postby psichel_adm » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:17 am

Let's break it down step-by-step.

Phone Amego contacts Google Voice to request a call specifying the phone number to ring-back and the phone number to call. You can see the actual request in the Phone Amego Debug Log.

Google Voice is apparently not calling the phone number to ring-back. Is the phone number being sent correctly in the request? Did Google Voice respond with an error message (press Control while initiating your call). Is there some other reason the call might not be getting through?

Phone Amego is only one link in the chain.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Return to Phone Amego