Skype Stopped Working...

Forum to share information about Phone Amego and get help to answer your questions

Skype Stopped Working...

Postby jrandell » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:06 pm

Hello,
for no reason that I am aware of, my Phone Amego can no longer dial calls via Skype. This is the only dial method I use, so my Phone Amego is DOA.
Can anyone offer troubleshooting tips? I am pretty good at tracking these things down, but I have no idea where to start.

Thanks,
-Jim
jrandell

Re: Skype Stopped Working...

Postby psichel_adm » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:56 pm

Phone Amego has a Debug Log you can enable under the More tab. This will show what the program is doing including any data exchange with Skype. If you would like help deciphering the log, you can send me the text by Email (my Email address is in the User Guide and on the website).

Notice Skype needs to be running and should indicate "Connected and Ready" in the telephone devices table.

Kind Regards,

- Peter
psichel_adm
Site Admin

Postby technodad » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:19 pm

I'm seeing this problem as well. It seems to have started at the middle of June (thanks, iCal logging!), I can't pinpoint a change that may have caused it, other than possibly upgrading Skype at some point.

There's no mention of Skype in the debug log. I've deleted and re-added Skype in the "Telephone Devices" section of the preferences. The status says "Monitoring is off" and Skype does not show up as an available device in the dialing window.

Checking Skype's "Manage API Clients" menu, I do not see Phone Amego listed. I don't see any obvious way to re-add it - restarting both Skype and Phone Amego does not produce any effect. (I recall I used to be asked to approve PA requests.)

I've re-installed PA, but no luck.

Any guidance on next steps?
technodad

Postby technodad » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:44 pm

Well, color me embarrassed.... "Enable Telephone Devices" was unchecked. Checking it appears to restore Skype.

Frankly I'm surprised PA was working at all. However Google Voice was working just fine in this state.
technodad

Postby xivi » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:19 am

Same problem here...

Sometimes the "Enable Telephone Devices" check appears unchecked... I don't know why.
xivi

Return to Phone Amego